Wednesday, February 29, 2012

GELATO MESSINA DARLINGHURST


Gelato Messina opened in Darlinghurst in 2002, so I ask myself... how could I not possibly have heard or eaten here? I'm devastated, from the reviews I've read this is another institution on Victoria St in Darlinghurst. They apparently pride themselves on creating Gelato as people would have done 100 years ago, using all natural ingredients.


So for my beautiful Mum's birthday this Sunday, I've gone all out!!


I've ordered the Royale w/ cheese (chocolate crackle gelato, financier bun, white chocolate gelato & apricot gele`e, compressed cucumber, white chocolate slice and raspberry sauce) OMG!


The Samurai (Yuzu sorbet surrounds a salted caramel swirl, encased in orange scented chocolate)


And the pièce de résistance - Dr Evil's Magic Mushroom Gelato Cake (This is a mushroom shaped cake filled with chocolate fondant gelato, peanut cookies and dulce de leche, sitting on ‘grass’ made from popping candy and crushed biscuit.. covered in ganache & white chocolate buttons!)


I am beside myself with excitement - bring on Sunday!!! For more information visit http://www.gelatomessina.com/ TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment