1. Sails http://www.sailslavenderbay.com/ - located near Kirribilli most likely as close to the bridge as you want to get.
2. Ripples www.rippleschowderbay.com - Chowder Bay is so pretty and so quiet, this restaurant has one of the best views in Sydney and as close to the harbour as you can possibly get.
3. Ormeggio www.ormeggio.com.au - located at the Spit in Mosman, another spectacular water dining option which has won numerous awards and if I'm not mistaking a chef's hat.
4. Pilu www.piluatfreshwater.com.au - located right on Freshwater Beach in an old historic beach cottage. Serving traditional sardinian cuisine and offering one of the best locations for functions and events.
5. Hugo's www.hugos.com.au - there are several locations for Hugo's but the best one for me is located right on Manly Wharf, open air dining restaurant with a lounge-like feel, this is where most people in Manly spend their special nights. The food is divine especially the seafood and the cocktail to match are equally pleasing.
6. JellyFish - this is a locals secret. JellyFish moved into Manly or should I say North Steyne to be exact some time ago and has been a local favourite since. My favourite dish is the saffron seafood risotto which melts in your mouth.
7. Barbuto www.barbutorestaurant.com.au - moved across the road from South Narrabeen beach about 4 years ago and since then with the shortage of fine dining options on the Northern Beaches has booked out most weekends. Peter Gilmore of the famous Quay restaurant was once quoted as saying Barbuto serves one of the best steaks he has ever eaten.
8. Bather Pavillion in Balmoral is a long time favourite of the Mosmanites...
9. Public Dining - a new comer in Balmoral taking over the old Watermark location with it's Nordic interior design situated right on Balmoral Beach has also become a favourite for the local Balmorians ;)
10. Papi Chulo www.merival.com.au/papichulo took over the old Manly Phoenix restaurant location situated right on Manly Wharf and has given Hugo's a run for their money. This is one of my favourite restaurants on the Northern Beaches - a little bit of San Fran right in Manly.
11. Lastly... if you want somewhere fun try SoCal in Neutral Bay - for me a lover of all things Tequila this is my ideal location!!!! Possible not the most romantic of places but damn you will have some fun here ;) www.socalsydney.com.au
|Garfish Manly Beach|
|Ormeggio The Spit Mosman|
|Papi Chulo Manly Wharf|
|Pilu Freshwater Beach|
|Ripples at Chowder Bay|
|SoCal Neutral Bay|