Monday, May 31, 2010

WINTER = LAKSA




There is nothing better on a cold & windy day to eat a big bowl of Laksa for lunch. I'm slightly obsessed with them and feel there is no one better to judge 'Sydney's Best Laksa' than me (of course). I'm torn because there are variations of Laksa depending on origin. There is Malay Laksa, and depending on which region from Malaysia the Laksa vary greatly. The Penang Laksa is traditionally made with a type of sweet and sour fish stew. There is Thai Laksa, Singapore Laksa, Chinese Laksa... list goes on. My favourite is the Chinese-Malay Laksa with a beautiful creamy rich coconut broth, egg noodles, lots of veggies and tofu to soak up the soup YUM! Best Laksa in Sydney for me would have to be HAPPY CHEF Sussex Food Court in China Town, I've been going there for 15 years now, the owner know my choice off by heart! Then I would have to pick the North Sydney Plaza Food Court, top level there is Thai takeaway shop, does the sweetest Laksa I've ever had, very unique. Then third at the Pavillion Food Court on George Street, these guys win the most variety of veggies in a Laksa!!! Yum, I think I'll have another one tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment