Wednesday, May 30, 2012

THE BISHOP OF OSTIA MELBOURNE

The weekend was busy but the most fun I've had for some time! On Friday night I flew to Melbourne for my beautiful cousins 30th birthday celebrations. They were on a later flight so I took the opportunity to catch up with my dear friend Sunny. She lives in Brunswick and wanted to take me to her local bar/eatery.

On the weekends, apparently Pope Joan cafe serves one of the best breakfasts in Melbourne. Only about 5-10 mins from city CBD, cute cafe with a beautiful veggie patch courtyard which they try to use as many fresh ingredients they grow right in the backyard ;)

As the cafe was closed, we went next door to The Bishop of Ostia. Located at 77-79 Nicholson Street in Brunswick it's a small local bar with city CBD professional appeal. The food menu was delicious including items like: Eel croquette, Blue-cheese dip with vegetables and bread, Crispy NZ salmon wings with chilli and salt, Pan seared scallops with chestnut and caper dressing. The food was super delicious and just the right 'snack' portion.

To top this off I had the best cocktail I've had for some time "Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum Hot Toddy" - wow!!! Sailor Jerry is a delicious niche rum partnered with spices like cinnamon, lemon, cloves, honey and ginger in a warm brew it's absolutely delicious!

Call for more information on the bar at (03) 9388 8858 and visit http://sailorjerry.com/ for more cocktail inspirations







No comments:

Post a Comment