Monday, March 19, 2012

SENORITAS MEXICAN MELBOURNE


Senoritas is located at 16 Meyers Place Melbourne CBD (near Little Collins St). I think everyone I know is aware that my favourite restaurant in Melbourne is Mamasita, but I'm willing to try a worthy challenger.


I say worthy because the background of Senoritas is pretty spectacular. Ricardo Amare and Linda Temani are the faces behind Melbourne’s newest Mexican culinary delight and Chef Hugo Reyes, a former Head Chef of the Mexican Embassy in Switzerland and the exclusive “El Dorado Royal Hotel” in the Mexican Riviera Maya the man behind the food. Hugo Reyes has composed a unique menu for SeƱoritas of authentic Mexican cuisine from selected regions such as Oaxaca and the Yucatan Peninsula, coupled with contemporary food trends.


The word authentic is loosely thrown around by many Australians, but unless you have travelled to Mexico, you really are not aware of authentic Mexican cuisine. Looking at the menu and reading the background of this new addition to the Melbourne cuisine circuit you can see that authentic is exactly the right word to use for this restaurant.


I am yet to try and hope that it doesn't disappoint - but when I do everyone will know about it.


Visit http://www.senoritas.com.au/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment