Tuesday, November 8, 2011

MAMASITA MELBOURNE TAKE 2

I love Melbourne. I was there yesterday on a magazine pitch which we won (hooray!) and thought to treat myself to possibly my favourite restaurant in Australia - MAMASITA.
Mamasita is located at 1/11 Collins Street in the CBD, it's upstairs and since normally Melbournians don't que for anything and there was a long line, it has to be good right? Well it is, it's sensational. It should be noted that their entire menu is also gluten free which is so hard to find for my fellow coeliacs so they should be very happy. It has the best tequila menu of any restaurant I have ever been to.
I started with their signature margarita on the rocks, made with Agavero then ordered to accompany the Prawn Taco (de Camarones: marinated prawns, red chilli and chipolte almond salsa) and Ceviche de Yucutan (market fish, green tomato, chilli, mint and coconut milk)... perfect Then finished off with Quinoa Salad (Quinoa, chilli, salsa, corn, coriander and pico de salsa) and the Grilled Prawns with toasted garlic and green almond sauce) love it! Visit them next time your in Melbourne or check out the rest of the amazing menu at http://www.mamasita.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment